Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Read More adds title

Troy Mumm's Avatar Troy Mumm
Just using [readmore] seems to add the title automatically. According to documentation, you should have to add add-title="true". In addition, using custom text adds the custom text along with the article title. I also added language override for JGLOBAL_READ_MORE_TITLE and COM_CONTENT_READ_MORE_TITLE, but that had no effect. I can try an override as described in documentation, but it seems like its not working as intended.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases

PS: I assume you are talking about the Joomla 4 version of Articles Anywhere. As described in the docs, the add-title setting defaults to the "Show Title with Read More" found in the Articles Options under the Joomla Global Configuration.
docs4.regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere/d...ags/read-more-button
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thanks Peter. Yes, Joomla 4. Sorry, missed the bit about defaults, but I must be blind - where is that setting? Still getting used to Joomla 4. Installed the dev version, but no change.

This is what I'm using:

[readmore class="btn"]

Result here: (find resources by provider module"
tenderloin.cloudaccess.host/
OK, found it. You don't see that option for read more unless you first put "Read More Link" to SHOW, then you have option to toggle Title off or on.

FYI, I'm not sure this is all clear in documentation, or how I would expect it to work. The bit about the default article setting might be important as first step. This is my first go round using Articles Anywhere as I primarily used K2 in Joomla 3. I'm excited about the possibilities. Thanks for your help.
Thanks for the feedback. We will revisit the documentation on this section.
I am considering changing the default to rely on the Joomla global setting, and adding a setting for this in the Articles Anywhere plugin instead. However, this will be a breaking change (changing behavior for existing setups).
So not sure yet.
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases

I have now added an option to control the default behavior in the Articles Anywhere system plugin settings.
The "Add Title to Read More" is off by default, opposed to the setting in the Joomla configuration, which is on but hidden by default.
That's a great update, makes sense. Thanks.
Vinny Hebert's Avatar Vinny Hebert
This fixed the issue I was having. Great work as always Peter!
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription