Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Label not showing anymore

Maurice Molenaar's Avatar Maurice Molenaar
Hi,

Our client noticed that some Articles Anywhere code appears on their website, where formerly the code produced a label text.
It is a custom field of the Article type.

You can see on this page: sharedcemeteries.net/nl/suriname/district-paramaribo (amongst many others).
I'm not 100% sure but I think this worked as should before the major update of Articles Anywhere.

Is there a change in the code I should use?

Regards,
Maurice
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Is there a custom field with that alias available for these articles?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Yes.
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
You can check this page for example:
sharedcemeteries.net/nl/suriname/district-paramaribo

It is a single article (id: 368) containing Articles Anywhere code to produce a view with several articles, containing labels and values of custom fields.
What I see is that only this last label does not populate on the page. Other label-code you see in the article, populate the label just fine.

Only issue is with: [suriname-gerelateerde-begraafplaats label="only"] (on this particular page; on other, similar, pages, a label on that exact spot also does not show. Example: sharedcemeteries.net/nl/japan/prefectuur-nagasaki )
Note that the issue also remains when switching language.

Confidential information:
(hidden)
FTP account.

Confidential information:
(hidden)
The custom field is assigned to a specific category. The articles output on that page are not in that category. So the custom field is not available for those articles.

I recommend you surround that tag with an {if} tag.
I think the current settings would be correct. This all worked fine before. The label stopped populating just shortly.

The custom field suriname-gerelateerde-begraafplaats is filtered to a couple of categories, amongst them is District Paramaribo [nl-NL].
The articles that are fetched on the example page sharedcemeteries.net/nl/suriname/district-paramaribo are all in that categorie.

I'm trying to find out what caused these labels to stop showing.
I mean the category assignment of the field itself:
Hi Peter,

In the end, I decided to replace the code with a word like 'Articles'. This word represents the value of the label. Ultimately this saves time, as I still couldn't figure out why this stopped working while we didn't change any (!) setting prior to the point this issue arose.

Thanks for your support!
I have revisited (after Andy convinced me this was not working how it should).
Data tags of custom fields that are not assigned to the articles category, should output empty.

This is now fixed in the latest development version:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription