<span class="title">Article title</span>
</a>

On 10.7.2 the output is:
<a href="https://www.google.com">
	<span class="fa <span class=" field-value="">icon-iconname</span>
	<span class="title">Article title</span>
</a>

Any idea what's going on here?

I see the latest version has a note "Fixes issue with layout not being used by default to output custom fields".

I didn't noticed any issue with previous versions, I have many sites using similar code to the above and have been for several years.
Andrea Malalana's Avatar Andrea Malalana ADMIN
Hey there, that was actually a bug that we fixed. Fields are normally output by their layout, but they weren't using the layout if it was set to default.

Now they're output using the layout, so the layout HTML will be output around it. Sorry if this causes an issue on your setup, but this is how it should have been, and also how things are going to be on Joomla 4.

When using custom fields as part of a HTML class, this is bound to cause issues. The way you should do it in your particular case, you should output the Raw Value, as suggested here in the case of HTML tags:
docs3.regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere/d...lain-text-raw-values

So:
<span class="fa [icon output='value']"></span>

Let us know if this fixes it.
Jesse Erickson's Avatar Jesse Erickson
Got it, that does make sense.

That seemed to fix it, thanks! Will just have to make sure to adjust the layouts when updating to 10.7.2.
Andrea Malalana's Avatar Andrea Malalana ADMIN
No problem, glad that fixed it 🙂
Marc's Avatar Marc
Just FYI: I had the same issue on a couple of sites, where [my-custom-field] was by default displaying the raw value... and is now displaying the rendered value (meaning that my layout was broken).
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription