Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

Trying to display specific modules in specific country

Jonathan Haydon's Avatar Jonathan Haydon
Hello,
I am trying to use advanced module manager to display modules based on country user is visiting the site.
When I set countries in assigment tab under Geolocating, and visit the page I still see the moduel, and I set country include to germany, shouldnt that show that module only if user is clicking from germany IP address?

Thank you
Regards
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
What is the Matching Method set to at the top?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Matching method is set to all
Maybe a caching issue. Does the module disappear if you select any other assignments that should not pass (anything other than the menu item assignment)?
I tried seeting just country and continent, and it shown always,I tried to in incognito window but it still gets shown
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
I can give you super user, but Im not sure for FTP
Confidential information:
(hidden)
Not sure I can see what is going on without the FTP access, but I'll take a look.
However, there is a sever password on the site, so I can't get to the administrator.
Sorry, here is the server password
Confidential information:
(hidden)
Those modules are placed no matter the assignments you select. So this is down to the way those modules are loaded in.
You are probably doing that via Page Builder, which seems to handle modules in its own way and override whatever Advanced Module Manager is trying to do.
Yes you are right, i am using modules via Joomla Module page builder addon
So if i had custom position for module and place it directly than it should work?
It should work with normal template module positions, yes. Unless you have a template that uses a template library that does funky stuff with modules.

So I'd say: try. If none of the assignments make a difference, then there is some conflict with the template or extension with Advanced Module Manager.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription