ReReplacer

Regular Expressions for latin text

4 months 1 week ago #89634

Ami Ella's Avatar Ami Ella

Hi. I have a Joomla site in Hebrew that has some sentences/words/letters in English in unspecific locations - It might be in the header, custom fields, content, image caption or anywhere else.
The problem is I need this specific text to be set as a deferent font family. I am thinking of using ReReplacer with Regular Expressions to do this. Do you know how to do it.

4 months 1 week ago #89637

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

That depends a bit on what exactly you are looking for and how unique that is.
You can wrap your searched text in spans or divs with a classname, for instance. And then use CSS to style that however you want, including the font-family.
You can add those spans using ReReplacer.

You will have to look out that you are not replacing words that are also inside javascript and such. As that could break stuff on your page.
Using the options like case sensitivity and 'Word Search' can help you narrow it down to only the places you want.
Also check the 'Search Areas' tab to do more advanced stuff.

4 months 1 week ago #89640

Ami Ella's Avatar Ami Ella

Thanks. I want to wrap the text with a div that has a class. Can you please help me with the setup?
Attaches a screenshot of a demo page. I highlighted the text I need to wrap.

4 months 1 week ago #89641

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

I recommend you read the documentation on ReReplacer and try it out yourself first.
As soon as you switch off the replacement, everything is back to the original state. So you can't permanently break anything with it.

www.regularlabs.com/extensions/rereplacer/tutorial