ReReplacer

ReReplacer Disrupting Some Functionality in Easy Social.

4 months 2 weeks ago #89574

John Baskerville's Avatar John Baskerville

Hello,

I have an issue using EastSocial (by StackIdeas) and ReReplacer.

When logged in as a user, and the visiting a "Page" and wanting to "View page as" option, the function doesn't work as long as the ReReplacer plugin is enabled. This was discovered after submitting a support ticket with StackIdeas, and they found this conflict. Disabling the plugin fixes the issue. Can you look into this?

Confidential information:
(hidden)

4 months 2 weeks ago #89576

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Is this due to any of your ReReplacer replacements?
Does it work when disabling all your replacements?

4 months 2 weeks ago #89578

I disabled them all, and then enabled them one-by-one to test. It looks like it's the replacement "ID 13" that's the culprit. I may have to figure out best approach for this one. I was looking to replace the term "Pages" with "Causes" - Although a general term, so-to-speak, its a bit challenging to determine how to figure out how to change some of the terms that might be hard-coded, and if ReReplacer should/could be used in such a case. Any tips you might lend are welcomed.

Much appreciated.

4 months 2 weeks ago #89579

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Replacing single words everywhere without limitations can indeed break stuff. So only do that if you know what you are doing.

You should limit the replacement to only replace when you really want it to.
Use limiting options, like the Word Search and Case sensitivity. And look into the Search Area tab lo - for example - not allow the replacement in html tags and such.

ReReplacer is a power tool. So make sure you carefully read the tutorial before using it.
www.regularlabs.com/extensions/rereplacer/tutorial

4 months 2 weeks ago #89580

Indeed a powerful tool to be used wisely. Thank you for the advice. I will learn the tool more to better utilize it, when appropriate. Great support, great extension!

Cheers,