ReReplacer

Page not saved and not available fot 60 secs

3 months 1 week ago #77920

Martijn's Avatar Martijn

Hi Peter,

When I modify an item in ReReplacer the page is not saved. This happens most of the time. After 60 secs the page loads again but the item is locked. After unlocking the item I can modify the item once, but when saving another time the page is not saved an 60 secs unavailable. Cache is disabled. I also tried a new item. At first I had the demo installed, two days ago I installed the Pro version and the Extension Manager.

I am investigating the options so this is very time-consuming. I hope you have a quick and simple solution for this strange behaviour.

Martijn Lanfermeijer (NL)

3 months 1 week ago #77921

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Something definitely wrong on your setup.

Can you check if the Joomla Ajax extension is correctly installed and enabled?
Take a look under the Extensions > Manage > Discover page.

3 months 1 week ago #77922

Martijn's Avatar Martijn

No matching results.

3 months 1 week ago #77923

Can you give me (super) admin access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'Hidden text' button in the forum editor to hide the confidential information.

3 months 1 week ago #77924

Martijn's Avatar Martijn

Like this:

Confidential information:
(hidden)
?

Martijn

3 months 1 week ago #77925

Martijn's Avatar Martijn

It looks like frond-end stays available. Backend is completely unreachable for 60 secs.

3 months 1 week ago #77926

Martijn's Avatar Martijn

Confidential information:
(hidden)

I just reinstalled the component but it still happens.

Good Luck

Martijn

3 months 1 week ago #77927

No issues here whatsoever. I could log in and open the ReReplacer item without any problem.

Try clearing your browsers cache and cookies and retry.
If that doesn't work, you might have some browser plugin causing issues.

3 months 1 week ago #77929

Hmmm, I do see an empty response now, if I try to go back to the administrator.
No idea where that is coming from.
Best to ask your host if they can see what is going on.

3 months 1 week ago #77930

Martijn's Avatar Martijn

They don't support any installed CMS like most hosting-companies. And knowledge of supportpeople is minimal :angry: :angry: :angry: . I will try an other template

3 months 1 week ago #77931

Martijn's Avatar Martijn

Did you notice all variables in the item separated by comma? Is it possible to have this in a list?

Martijn

3 months 1 week ago #77933

Did you notice all variables in the item separated by comma?
That should not happen. It should show in a pretty select field, like for menu items in modules and such.

Your server is probably throttling requests, causing parts of the page (which are loaded through ajax) not to load.
So a host issue. Not a ReReplacer issue.

3 months 1 week ago #77934

Martijn's Avatar Martijn

Provider is GoDaddy in Amsterdam and hosts 1000's of websites.... How can I ever explain this issue?

3 months 1 week ago #77936

If your host can't help you when you have issues with the host/server, then you should look for a host that does value their customers.
GoDaddy is a cheap bulk-sell host and is not known for their quality service and support. You get what you pay for.

I recommend a host like SiteGround.com.

3 months 1 week ago #77969

Martijn's Avatar Martijn

Hi Peter, just to let you know: GoDaddy support was very helpfull (this time) and noticed lots of I/O on disk when a list in ReReplacer is saved. Shared hosting security blockes my IP for 60 secs when this happens. The website stays online for all other IP's so the issue has not very much impact.

I will decide later to move to another provider or package, for now I will have to live with the issue.

BTW: this module is exactly what I am looking for !!

Martijn