PayPal Payment Option

Search
Other Pre-Sale questions
Forum

PayPal Payment Option

John Paquette's Avatar John Paquette
Hello,

I noticed with the new payment gateway there is no option for PayPal, will PayPal be added back?

We use PayPal for all international purchases of this nature. I really hope PayPal returns, so I can renew my subscriptions.

Mollie does offers a PayPal option:
www.mollie.com/en/payments/paypal

Thank you,
John
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Not sure yet. I wasn't planning on it.

Paypal is making it harder and harder to justify offering it as a payment method. They are getting more and more expensive and starting to force sellers to pay for costs like refunds.
So for now, no Paypal will not be an option.
Can't you pay via Credit Card?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
PS: I might consider adding it back but charging extra for PayPal payments. But that is a technical hurdle too...
Red Deer's Avatar Red Deer
Hi Peter,

I hope PayPal is still under consideration. Like John, I am with a company that uses PayPal when a credit card cannot be used for international purchases.

Use of PayPal is actually not just a policy, but handles a practical issue because for international purchases some corporate credit card payment processors require use of a code delivered by text message. Our company phone system does not support text message delivery.

The corporate bureaucracy does not support worker bees requesting funds transfers to other countries, so that is also not an option.

I do understand why you would not want to use PayPal, but at the same time, I do not have an alternative method to renew our bundle subscription, and I suspect there may be other international customers in the same situation.

I am a big fan of Regular Labs, especially Sourcerer and Cache Cleaner.

Thank you.
There are no plans to add PayPal back as a payment option. As a seller, I am happy to finally be free of them.
Please see: regularlabs.com/faqs#pre-sale-questions-can-i-pay-with-paypal
Red Deer's Avatar Red Deer
Actually I did read that issue, which is why I said I don't have the power to perform funds transfers. Basically, I cannot renew the subscription.

I do agree with you that PayPal is objectionable for a number of reasons, but there you go, many of us who work for companies outside of Europe are limited as to what we can purchase without it.

Thanks for the reply.
Trevor Smith's Avatar Trevor Smith
I too have to have to chip in to say removing Paypal is a very retrograde step, and it will deter many people from making a purchase in the first place.

Remember you have customers and they should be your first concern, not your dislike of Paypal, regardless of any practices that you might object to.
Thanks for your opinion.
Tom Pallone's Avatar Tom Pallone
Peter van Westen,

What about Google Pay ?
The payment options that I support are there. There are no plans to add any others at this point.
Topic closed.
You can only post on this forum if you log in