Modules Anywhere

Frontend edit button not appearing on some modules

9 months 2 days ago #74759

Carole Mauron's Avatar Carole Mauron

Hi,

We recently bought Modules Anywhere Pro for projects on which our customers would like to be able to edit modules in frontend and I needed them to be located inside contents in some cases.

I actually tried it and saw that edit buttons are appearing for most of the modules I need in those projects but they are not appearing for SP accordion and the two sliders I use our websites (DJ slider & SlideshowCK). I first thought it was a template problem but then tried on a testing website with protostar and saw I had the same result.

Here is an exemple of working modules on this testing website : j3.anw-sandbox.ch/fr/test1
And here are the 3 that have no button : j3.anw-sandbox.ch/fr/test2

Do you have an idea what could be causing that issue ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

9 months 2 days ago #74761

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Well, you are mentioning 3 modules that are known to cause issues.

Do these show the edit buttons when placed in normal module positions using the Joomla core edit module option?

9 months 2 days ago #74762

Yes, when normally affected to a module position the edit button shows correctly for all of them, you can see it here : j3.anw-sandbox.ch/fr/test3

As for saying that they are modules known to cause issues, I won't say anything for SP accordion that I do not use a lot, but I use either DJ Slider or SlideshowCK (if not both) for a few years on about 80% of joomla websites I build and never really had any problem with them which is not the case of many other sliders I had the opportunity to test.

Both are correctly responsive and never conflict with optimization tools or other extensions I use on our projects. And for SlideshowCK, I would add that it's the only slider I found that allow correct frontend edition and image selection with no bug. Those are in fact the reasons that made me choose them and stick to them until now, so it's quite surprising for me to hear that they are known to cause issues.

In fact this button problem with Modules Anywhere Pro is the first real issue I encounter with them.

9 months 2 days ago #74763

Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'Hidden text' button to hide the confidential information.

9 months 13 hours ago #74787

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer, we had a FTP issue so I had to wait for it to be solved before I come back to you.

Confidential information:
(hidden)

Tell me if you need anything else.

9 months 13 hours ago #74788

The solution is to use a module html style (chrome) that supports the edit button.
So instead of:

{module SP Accordion module}
do:
{module module="SP Accordion module" style="xhtml"}

9 months 12 hours ago #74790

Thanks a lot, it works perfectly this way, exactly what I wanted !

Have a nice day :)