IP Login

IP Login redirect

3 years 3 weeks ago #48286

Paul Uhl's Avatar Paul Uhl

We have IP Login installed and functioning properly†”almost.

IP wildcards do not get auto logged in†”for example:
†¢ This works: 98.227.182.198
†¢ This does not work: 98.227.*.*

Also, I have Joomla configured to redirect users to a specific landing page when they login. It works properly when you log-in with a username/password but it doesn't work when IP Login is used (URL and IP)

3 years 3 weeks ago #48287

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

IP Login does not support IP ranges.

It also doesn't have a redirect option. It simply goes to the page given in the url.

3 years 3 weeks ago #48293

Peter,

I understand that IP Login does not support IP "ranges". In an earlier discussion you said that it does support "wildcards" †”which I cannot get to work. I can only get a full IP to work.

The redirect option is a Joomla functionality found under Extensions/Modules by selecting the menu item and setting "Login Redirection Page" to the page/article you want. This is working for those using a username/password but not for those with IP Login.

3 years 3 weeks ago #48294

Nope, IP Login does not support wildcards. Not sure where you think I claimed that. If so, that was wrong.

IP Login does not log in via your menu item, so it does not know about your redirect page. It simply logs you in (if IP/key combination is correct) and opes the url you use.
If you want to open the redirect page, use that url with the IP Login key added to it.

3 years 3 weeks ago #48295

Peter,

In Forum Topic #46427 I asked which IP address options would work and you replied in #46457 that ranges were not possible. I asked:

2) Your documentation and FAQ comments suggest that only a direct match, complete IP address can be used (ie: 127.0.0.0). Could you clarify if the extension allows for:
†”IP with wildcard matching: 127.*.0.*.
†”IP ranges: 127.0.0.0-127.0.0.2.
†”Multiple matches: 127.0.0.0, 127.0.0.2, 127.0.1.5

And you replied:

2) There is currently no support for IP ranges.

No mention that wildcards wouldn't work†”only ranges. Am I now to understand that only a full complete IP address will work? I had mentioned that we were using this for users on a proxy server which typically don't use full IP addresses but instead use wildcards.

So am I now stuck having told my clients that IP Login will work for wildcards but now it doesn't?

3 years 3 weeks ago #48296

I guess so. I never claimed it supports wildcards. And it doesn't.

So I guess IP Login is not the extension that suits your need.

If you need a refund, let me know.

3 years 3 weeks ago #48298

Yes please refund.

Also let me know if there is any special method for uninstalling IP Login.

3 years 3 weeks ago #48299

No problem.
The refund has been issued.

You can simply uninstall IP Login via the Joomla extension manager.

2 years 7 months ago #54115

Joe's Avatar Joe

Your suggestion of using the URL of the page you desire for "redirect" does not work for backend purposes, as the admin pages use a query string "index.php?option=com_advancedmodules" and your plugin also uses a query string.

Could you provide a parameter/option to define the separator [? or #] this way using a hash would offer the ability to use it for backend purposes.

2 years 7 months ago #54123

For more than one parameter, you should use a & and not a ?.
That is how urls work.
So:

index.php?option=com_advancedmodules&something=else&your-secret-code&etc

2 years 7 months ago #54124

PS: That is already in the explanation in the IP Login tab:

2 years 7 months ago #54128

Joe's Avatar Joe

Awww Yes - what through me off was the repeat of the question mark (?...&)

I appreciate the ALWAYS speedy response :)