GeoIp

GeoIP working fine on WiFi, not on LTE

1 year 9 months ago #79542

Steve Berry's Avatar Steve Berry

I amusing GeoIP and Conditional Content Pro to provide conditional content based on 26 different region codes (or groups).

Everything is loaded fine on WiFi, but as soon as I go to LTE, I'm not getting anything.

(I have a secondary Geo service that is currently supplying "City Name" that is resolving fine, so I know it's not location services)

I'm not sure what information you'll need so I don't know what else to say. Since I can't test it from other regions at all, I'm blind.

1 year 9 months ago #79546

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Check what data is attached to the different IPS (Wifi and LTE) via:
www.regularlabs.com/geoip.php

Not all IPs are know or accurate in the MaxMind GeoIP library (free version).

1 year 9 months ago #79552

Steve Berry's Avatar Steve Berry

I tested it from my mobile without WiFi.

It resolved with inaccurate, but complete data, meaning it should have resolved with something. There is nothing.

1 year 9 months ago #79554

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Can you explain exactly what you are doing with Conditional Content and what the online result is (url).

Also, it might be a caching issue.
Read for more on caching here: www.joomlabeginner.com/blog/tutorials/81...able-cache-in-joomla

1 year 9 months ago #79555

Steve Berry's Avatar Steve Berry

I have ALL Native Joomla Caching turned off.

I have disabled every other caching. Same result. Nothing.

I've spent 2 days working on this and it works flawlessly on anything but on my mobile. And the absolute kicker to it all is I can't test! At all.

1 year 9 months ago #79557

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Yep, and not sure how I can help you.