Extension Manager

Cannot update extensions

10 months 6 days ago #77817

Kjell Korshavn's Avatar Kjell Korshavn

Problem with updating extensions (incl. Ext Manager) on some sites - but other sites working perfectly.
All sites have Joomla 3.8.4 and PHP 7.x (no difference with 7.0 or 7.1)
I have checked with one.com (all sites hosted there) and there are no IP blocked and all domains are exactly the same.

Working domains
fasanen.org
calmerit.se
jerobotteknik.se
kleva.nu
gusjobyn.se

Non-working domains
kerikoweb.se (preferrable for testing - it's my own)
garvikscamping.se
dietoteket.se
kalmertun.se/klappen
allergikonsulentvg.se
pingprobund.se

WHEN STARTING COMPONENT:
Could not retrieve data from the Regular Labs website. Please try again later.

WHEN CLICKING "FIND UPDATES" UNDER "COMPONENT - MANAGE - UPDATE":

Warning

Update: :Extension: Could not parse download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=sourcerer&type=.xml
Update: :Extension: Could not parse download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=emailprotector&type=.xml
Update: :Extension: Could not parse download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=m...esanywhere&type=.xml
Update: :Extension: Could not parse download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=a...ulemanager&type=.xml
Update: :Extension: Could not parse download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=cachecleaner&type=.xml
Update: :Extension: Could not parse download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=dbreplacer&type=.xml
Update: :Extension: Could not parse download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=e...ionmanager&type=.xml
Update: :Extension: Could not parse download.regularlabs.com/updates.xml?e=addtomenu&type=.xml

10 months 6 days ago #77818

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

This is not something within my control.
Usually these things happen because of some (temporary) block at your host or ISP. Usually it solves itself within a few days.
Ask your host if they can see why the connection to my download server is being blocked.

10 months 5 days ago #77821

That's the thing.
I talked to one.com support over 1,5 hours last night:
(12:11:58) Jason: For the curl and fopen() upon checking in here we do support it.
(12:12:36) Jason: And for the IP address of download.regularlabs.com (37.60.230.24), as per checking we do not block any IP.

So from their side all of my domains should have the same setup.
Are you sure that Siteground (your server) is not blocking or having issues from some of my domains?

I have had this issue for several weeks now.

10 months 5 days ago #77824

I have asked SiteGround, but I don't expect that they will find anything.
The IPs of the websites that are not working are all in the 46.30.213.* range. However, some of the domains where it is working are also in that range. So I don't believe the issue is on IP blocking level.

It could be due to Joomla security/firewall extensions you might have installed.
Or some weird rule in the .htaccess (AdminTools?)

10 months 5 days ago #77826

SiteGround is indeed not blocking these IPs.

Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access to one of the websites where you have the issue?
You can use the 'Hidden text' button in the forum editor to hide the confidential information.

10 months 5 days ago #77828

Hi

I do bot usually have any specific security extensions/functions - but please go ahead and check my primary site/domain:

Confidential information:
(hidden)

10 months 5 days ago #77829

The same result as:
www.regularlabs.com/forum/bugreports/450...ension-manager#77429

This could be due to some 'https_ssl_verify' setting on your server...