Email Protector

Email Protector 4.1.5 breaks some pages

1 year 6 months ago #71519

Jim Brooking's Avatar Jim Brooking

Please see images. First shows code with Email Protector On

Second shows code with Email Protector Off

Both show HTML in Chrome's debug window. The code is correct as written when Email Protector is off.

I also noticed, on a different page, that another form containing emails refused to display a <textarea> if there was text between the opening <textarea> and the closing </textarea>. Displayed OK if no text between open and close. Code:
{source}
<form action='/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4863' method='post'>

<label for='to'>To: </label>
<input type='text' id='to' name='to' placeholder='TO email' value='' /><br />
   <label for='from'>From: </label>
<input type='text' id = 'from' name='from' placeholder='FROM email' value='' /><br />
   <label for='cc'>cc: </label>
<input type='text' id = 'cc' name='cc' placeholder='CC email' value='' /><br />
   <label for='subject'>Subject: </label>
<input type='text' id = 'subject' name='subject' placeholder='SUBJECT' value='Test ACYMailing Queuer' /><br />
<textarea name='body' rows='6' cols='60' placeholder='BODY of email to be sent'>abcd</textarea><br />
<input type='submit' value='go' />
</form>
{/source}
This page also displays correctly with Email Protector turned off.

1 year 6 months ago #71522

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

It is probably due to the system plugin ordering. Try changing the ordering of the plugins in question.
See: www.regularlabs.com/blog/242-plugin-order-is-important

1 year 6 months ago #71523

Peter,

t would be most helpful if you could include a list of all the NoNumber/RegularLabs plugins in the recommended order. I can see some, but not all of them in the last frame of the video on the linked page. I don 't know how the plugins should be ordered - top-level first? lowest level first? In the code block I sent above there are emails inside a {source} declaration.Should the Email Protector therefore be ordered before the Sourcerer plugin or after? Can you clarify this?

Thanks.

1 year 6 months ago #71524

The best ordering depends on how you use plugins together.
In your case I would suggest Email Protector be ordered after Sourcerer .

1 year 6 months ago #71525

Thank you. That solved both problems.

1 year 6 months ago #71679

Back again. Different issue. I was not able to resolve this on my production site, so I have changed the original page to avoid the use of an email inside a form in my production (as distinct from my testbed) site. I have RegularLabs plugins ordered as follows:

Better Preview
Cache Cleaner
Library
Modals (not used)
Framework [OLD]
Tabs
Sliders (not used)
Components Anywhere
Modules Anywhere (disabled)
Articles Anywhere
Sourcerer
Email Protector

I am now getting error messages like these (from Firebug on Firefox):

TypeError: emailProtector.addcloak37402edMailto is not a function.......index.php#board (line 2051, col 1)
TypeError: emailProtector.addcloak21165edMailto is not a function.........index.php#board (line 2056, col 1)
TypeError: emailProtector.addcloak10241edMailto is not a function.........index.php#board (line 2061, col 1)
. . .
for every linked email that appears on the page. And it does not appear (from looking at the HTML) that any of the email links are actually cloaked.

Thanks for any assistance.

1 year 6 months ago #71680

Email addresses inside form elements will and can not be protected.

But it shouldn't create errors.

If you can reproduce this on an online environment to which I can get access, I am happy to look into this.

1 year 6 months ago #71688

The information about emails not being protected inside <form> elements is good to know. If this were noted in the Tutorial it would have saved me quite a few days of trying to see why, work around, etc. I can see why this might be the case for <form> elements that are apt to change.

A page exhibiting the error message is dev.fearringtonfha.org/index.php?option=...view=article&id=4694

Confidential information:
(hidden)

1 year 6 months ago #71689

It looks like the necessary scripts and styles are not added to the document for whatever reason.

Can you also give me (s)ftp access so I can take a deeper look to why this might be happening?

1 year 6 months ago #71690

Sure

(hidden)

Thanks for looking at this.

A note: When I discovered your great Joomla extensions, I already had extensively used another add-on, "Load Module in Article" extensively. So although I think your Modules Anywhere is superior, I have never taken the time to convert my site to use it.

1 year 6 months ago #71691

Unfortunately the ftp login doesn't seem to work...

1 year 6 months ago #71692

The admin login doesn't work either...

1 year 6 months ago #71693

Please try the admin process again. I works here. Are you getting some error about userID and password? If you try going directly to Administrator without coming from the regular site it will reject your IP address with a 403 error.

Still working on the FTP problem.

1 year 6 months ago #71694

OK, FTP should work now as well.

1 year 6 months ago #71695

Administrator error:

Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.

FTP error:
530 Login authentication failed

1 year 6 months ago #71696

Repeating - the password is

(hidden)
In my former post I tried to phoenetically spell it, but maybe you thought that was part of the password.

1 year 6 months ago #71698

This is a different password.
But still no go on both the administrator or the ftp.

1 year 6 months ago #71703

Sorry for the delay - had to go out for lunch.

New credentials

(hidden)

1 year 6 months ago #71710

Ok, now I can log in to both.

It seems something is was messed up in the cached version of the page regarding the output of Email Protector.
Stuff like:

<script type="text/javascript">emailProtector.addCloakedMailto("ep_71370d8f", 0);</script>
<script type="text/javascript">emailProtector.addCloak1783623840edMailto("ep_71370d8f", 0);</script>
So some random number inserted into the addCloakedMailto name.

After clearing the cache, the issue seems to be solved.

However, if you see this issue pop up again, let me know.

I will have to get super admin access then though. Now I cannot access the plugins/modules in the administrator.

1 year 6 months ago #71711

Peter,

I'm still seeing the same error messages on this page: dev.fearringtonfha.org/index.php?option=...view=article&id=4694 . Noe that the "dev" (testbed) site has no caching going on from my hosting sompany (SiteGround) and I have cleared my browser caches (Chrome & Firefox) and the site cache (with your Clean Cache extension. I have made your login a superuser.

Thanks.