Email Protector

Site Crashes

1 year 2 months ago #70267

Sima's Avatar Sima

Hello Peter,

I just did a brand new install of Email Protector on a new project and it crashes the site. I keep getting the following error:

Call to undefined method RegularLabs\Library\Document::isPDF()

All other RegularLabs extensions work fine. I had to go to plugins/system/emailprotector and change the name of the directory to something else otherwise I could not access the site at all anymore.

Any idea what might cause this? The site is installed on a custom dedicated server, maybe I am missing some type of prerequisite?

Thanks,

Sima

1 year 2 months ago #70268

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Was Email Protector already installed?

Reinstalling Email Protector should solve the issue.
For some reason the Regular Labs Library does not get updated correctly in some situations for whatever reason.
I have not been able to reproduce it, unfortunately.

1 year 2 months ago #70269

Sima's Avatar Sima

No, this was the first time I installed it. I will try to reinstall, i'll let you know

1 year 2 months ago #70270

Sima's Avatar Sima

I tried reinstalling it and I get the same issue. Besides the initial file download, is it downloading something else from anywhere or connecting? The server I am using is behind a firewall that is not accessible publicly.

1 year 2 months ago #70271

I have fixed some stuff in the installer script. I hope this is now solved and won't cause this issue again...

1 year 2 months ago #70272

It should only be downloading that installation zip that contains the Regular Labs Library and Email Protector.
Are you able to reproduce this on an online location?

1 year 2 months ago #70273

Sima's Avatar Sima

Let me try again and if it doesn't work I will open up the server to the public and see what happens then.

1 year 2 months ago #70274

Sima's Avatar Sima

Nope, cannot get it too work. I saw that the extension manager had an update so I updated it then I tried to install email protector and it didn't work. Then I disabled the Firewall and opened all ports and tried again and it still doesn't work.

1 year 2 months ago #70275

Sima's Avatar Sima

I just tried installing it from the file I downloaded from your site but that also does not work.

1 year 2 months ago #70276

Try re-downloading the file from my site.
Do you get an error message when you try to install the zip?

1 year 2 months ago #70277

Sima's Avatar Sima

I just downloaded it and tried again but the same problem. As soon as the install completes it shows the following:

An error has occurred.

0 Call to undefined method RegularLabs\Library\Document::isPDF() 

Return to Control Panel

1 year 2 months ago #70278

Sima's Avatar Sima

So after the install when I rename the directory and I click on the button "Return to Control Panel" I ge the following message:

Regular Labs Library (Library) has been successfully updated to v17.3.21518
Email Protector v4.1.0 (System Plugin) has been successfully installed
Notice
Please clear your browser's cache

1 year 2 months ago #70279

Very weird. The install seems to go ok, but the files are for some reason not updated.

Let me know if you can reproduce this on a setup to which you can give me ftp and admin access...

1 year 2 months ago #70281

Sima's Avatar Sima

ok, I will do that soon. In the meanwhile, is there a procedure I can upload manually?

1 year 2 months ago #70283

Try unpacking the zip and ftp the files from the Regular Labs Library manually to the /libraries/regularlabs folder.

1 year 2 months ago #70284

Sima's Avatar Sima

I tried and noticed that the entire media folder and composer.json file was missing. I hoped manually uploading it would help but unfortunately it didn't. Just FYI. Tomorrow, I'll try to reproduce this on a setup that I can give you ftp and admin access to.

1 year 2 months ago #70285

The composer.json file missing is no issue.
The media folder should be copied to /media/regularlabs

The issue is not so much in missing files, but existing files not getting updated, like:

/libraries/regularlabs/src/Document.php

1 year 2 months ago #70298

Sima's Avatar Sima

So I tried on a different server but I am not able to reproduce it. Very strange, unless I made an error somewhere, I always setup my servers the exact same way. Any suggestion how I can debug this?

1 year 2 months ago #70299

Can you check:
- the version number in /libraries/regularlabs/regularlabs.xml (in <version> tag)
- the version number in /libraries/regularlabs/src/Document.php (in comment header)
- the folder an file permissions on /libraries/regularlabs, /libraries/regularlabs/src, /libraries/regularlabs/src/Document.php

1 year 2 months ago #70300

Sima's Avatar Sima

- the version number in /libraries/regularlabs/regularlabs.xml (in <version> tag)
> 1.0

- the version number in /libraries/regularlabs/src/Document.php (in comment header)
> 17.3.21518

- the folder an file permissions on /libraries/regularlabs, /libraries/regularlabs/src, /libraries/regularlabs/src/Document.php
> /libraries/regularlabs Folder 755 Files 644
>/libraries/regularlabs/src Folder 755 Files 644
>/libraries/regularlabs/src/Document.php File 644