Email Protector

E-mail address is visible

3 years 8 months ago #36128

Philip's Avatar Philip

Hello

I've installed the Email Protector as per the instructions. No problem here. When I view my "contact the author" page using the View Source, I've the following two sets of instructions:

var emailProtector=emailProtector||{};emailProtector.addCloakedMailto=function(f,g){var a=document.getElementById(f);if(a){for(var e=a.getElementsByTagName("span"),b="",c="",d=0,h=e.length;d<h;d++)b+=e[d].getAttribute("data-ep-ada48"),c=e[d].getAttribute("data-ep-b3658")+c;a.innerHTML=b+c;g&&(a.parentNode.href="mailto:"+b+c)}};
</script>

and further down:

<p>E-mail me at <span class="st_h"><span style="color: #0000ff;"><a href="'"><a href="javascript:// This email address is being protected from spambots."><span class="cloaked_email" id="ep_190e5978"><span data-ep-b3658="&#111;&#109;" data-ep-ada48="p&#104;il"><span data-ep-b3658="i&#108;.c" data-ep-ada48="&#114;&#100;&#117;p"><span data-ep-b3658="&#64;&#103;&#109;a" data-ep-ada48="&#117;&#105;&#115;&#49;"></span></span></span></span></a><script type="text/javascript">emailProtector.addCloakedMailto("ep_190e5978", 1);</script></a></span></span></p>

with my e-mail address clearly visible (I put xxx's here).

Any thoughts on what I should do.

3 years 8 months ago #36135

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Shouldn't be.

Can you give me (super) admin and ftp access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'confidential' tags in the forum editor.

3 years 8 months ago #36144

Philip's Avatar Philip

Thanks for responding Peter. If you could assist, that would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully it's something simple.

Regards, Phil

As requested:

Confidential information:
(hidden)

Confidential information:
(hidden)

3 years 8 months ago #36150

You have html syntax issues in that code.
You have:

<a href="mailto:'"></a>
Notice the extra single quote at the end of the email in the link.
It should be:
<a href="mailto:"></a>
Or simply:

3 years 8 months ago #36152

Philip's Avatar Philip

Thanks Peter...your my hero today.

I had seen that quotation mark earlier and had removed it...obviously I didn't save the page! Daaaa. Brain glitch.

Cheers,

Phil

3 years 8 months ago #36155

:)

Great that it's solved now.