DB Replacer

Problem when restoring the site

9 months 3 weeks ago #76382

Bideau's Avatar Bideau

Hi,

I'm facing an issue when trying to restore my joomla website on a local XAMPP environment from an Akeeba backup file, using Akeeba Kickstart Core 5.4.0 : after a few seconds of extracting files, the process stops and I get this message:
An error occured
Could not upload new/tmp/download.nonumber.nl?ext=dbreplacer&src=core&pro=1&file=update.zip

There was no trouble during the backup. I must say that there is a quite long time since I last tried such a local restoration.
But I'm on joomla 3.7.5, about to update to 3.8.2.
Regular LAbs Extension Manager is 7.1.2 and DB Replacer is 6.0.1

I'm very reluctant to make any update on the site (especially a joomla update) when i'm not absolutely sure to be able to restore from a backup in case of trouble.
It's perhaps just a matter of upgrading dbreplacer (pro) to the last version (due to this probably out of date "nonumber" url) but before, i prefer to ask if there was a workaround, or if this is a known issue and what would be the best way to solve the problem with the less possible risks.

Would it be a good adea to uninstall DB Replacer, backup the site (in hope that the issue is no longer there) and then reinstall DB replacer (last version)?

Thank you for your attention. Any advice and help will be appreciated.

Jean-Paul (France)

9 months 3 weeks ago #76383

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

This is something you should ask Akeeba.
It looks like a temporary file. Those shouldn't necessarily need to get backed up.

I can't give any support on outdated setups with old extensions. I don't think Akeeba will either.

9 months 3 weeks ago #76387

Bideau's Avatar Bideau

SOLVED
It was just that obsolete folder I should've deleted long ago.
Thank you very much for the right idea you gave me.