Content Templater

Using RL 'buttons' in frontend fails

1 year 4 months ago #71356

Kay-Uwe Koalick's Avatar Kay-Uwe Koalick

I had a strange error on one website that all Regular Labs 'buttons' fails suddenly. The modal window opens as blank view or shows the error: "0 - Call to a member function scanDocumentForEmbedRequests() on null"

This happens on frontend editing only - all users (including superuser). I recognized this for the "Content Templater" first but it is the same for all RL extensions (Slider, Articles anywhere, Tabs,...). I have another website with more or less the same settings and extensions without this problem but I can't figure out what the difference is.

Unfortunately the website is in a restricted network - no remote access is possible. But perhaps you can give me a tip what I can do/test...

My settings: RL extensions: latest versions, Joomla 3.7.0, OS Windows with IIS7.5, PHP 7.0.18, MySQLi 5.7.9

1 year 4 months ago #71357

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

The scanDocumentForEmbedRequests javascript function is not something from the Regular Labs extensions.
So seems like the issue is caused by whatever extension is trying to call that function.

1 year 4 months ago #71358

Kay-Uwe Koalick's Avatar Kay-Uwe Koalick

You have right. I had to reorder the system plugins and everything works again. Sorry, long ago that this was a problem. :huh:
Thank you