Conditional Content

CC works for Author, but Registered users see the {show} tags.

2 years 4 months ago #67448

Chris Kovach's Avatar Chris Kovach

CC v1.1.2, Joomla v3.6.5, PHP 5.6.27

I have {show} tags in my articles which work fine for user groups Author and above, but for Registered users, they see the raw CC code. How do I debug what the problem is?

I also use the Read Less component (v5.2), which overrides the system's Read More functionality and I'm using it to tell Public users to Register in order to see the content with the use of the Read More break within the editor, so I think that it may be interfering with the CC operation for Registered users. Read Less has the capability to show variables like {title}, so I wonder if CC's {show} tags are confusing it??!?

Great component (I also use Snippets and Content Templater) but I need to figure out this one last Registered user problem.

Thanks,

Chris

2 years 4 months ago #67450

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Hidden text' button in the forum editor to hide the confidential information.

2 years 4 months ago #67459

Below is the information you requested. Thanks for your speedy response!

Confidential information:
(hidden)

Thanks, Again,

Chris

2 years 4 months ago #67470

It looks like you (or someone/something) has changed the accesslevel on the system plugin:

Change that back to Public and it should start working again.

2 years 4 months ago #67600

Thanks, Peter! That was it, and it's working now for all access levels and users groups!

I had mistakenly set that to Special because the Access description said "...allowed to view this item", so I thought that meant "to see" the Conditional Content button in the editor. (My website has some limited authoring privileges for the Registered users, but I didn't want them to be able to access the advanced features of CC.)

Thanks for your help and for the quick replies.

...Did I mention that this is a great component...??!?!?

Chris

2 years 4 months ago #67618

Great it is working for you again 🙂

If you want to control the use of the editor button, you can set the access level on the Editor Button plugin.

PS: Please post a review for Conditional Content at the Joomla! Extensions Directory extensions.joomla.org/extension/conditional-content