Components Anywhere

How to keep a component inside a tab

11 months 4 weeks ago #87522

Graham S. JARVIS's Avatar Graham S. JARVIS

Hello,

perhaps I'm trying to be too "clever" but I have put a componant to display a AcyMailing archive inside a tab.
If I use the AcyMailing componants search facility I open a new screen without the site template.
[Using: {component index.php?option=com_acymailing&view=archive&layout=listing&listid=8}]

You can see what happens if you login to : www.b-l-s.lu/membership/members-resources

Confidential information:
(hidden)

Open the Newsletter Archive tab and click "Go" or "Reset"

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Graham-

11 months 4 weeks ago #87523

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

The component is placed inside the page. The AcyMailing form tries to post to its own url. So not the page with the tabs.
You can try playing with the Components Anywhere system plugin settings to make it open the search results without the 'tmpl=component' in the url.
But if you want the search results inside the tab, then Components Anywhere can't help you.
That would mean all sorts of hoops to go through with Ajax loading and such.
Or you can load the AcyMailing page inside an iframe (inside the tab).

11 months 4 weeks ago #87524

Thanks,

setting the config parameter to force the 'tmpl=component' to be removed is a good solution.

It does mean that someone can change the "listid-8" manually in the URL to see the other newsletters. But they are only newsletters and most of these users wouldn't know to try.

It's strange that when the newsletter is opened in the tab there is a main page header and menu in the pop-up.
If the newsletter is opened in the new screen after clicking "Go" there is non.

Thanks,
-Graham-

11 months 4 weeks ago #87525

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

That's something you'll have to ask Acyba about.

11 months 3 weeks ago #87526

🙂
willdo
Thanks,
***Topic closed*** 😎