Components Anywhere

Load component on the same module position where component anywhere is used after click

10 months 4 weeks ago #72862

Nirmal Kumari's Avatar Nirmal Kumari

Hi,

I have latest Joomla installed on dev.blabber.buzz . On home page, you will notice screen is divided into two parts. Right side(component area) has k2 items and left side (module position) has jom-social component.

My requirement is--when someone click on any link available in left side section(jom-social), only left side(module section) will be replaced/rendered with the new content and not complete page.

Component anywhere has the ability to display component data at module position...that is why I had used this component. Is there any possible way to meet my requirement using component anywhere?

Thanks
Nirmal

10 months 4 weeks ago #72872

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

If you only want one side of the screen to change/reload you would need to use iframes.
Not something I can see Components Anywhere can help you with.

10 months 3 weeks ago #72892

Nirmal Kumari's Avatar Nirmal Kumari

I did not get you exactly. How can iframes help me in this?

If I click on profile link available in module section(I had displayed jomsocial component's front page using component anywhere here). In this case, I want profile page from jom social component will appear there on the same module position without page refresh. How iframe work here?

10 months 3 weeks ago #72893

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

What you want is not possible.
If you don't want the page to refresh, you would need to use ajax/JavaScript to load in content and control the page.
That requires a lot of customization of your template and components.

Not something Components Anywhere can do.