Components Anywhere

Components Anywhere 4.1.9 Issue?

8 months 2 weeks ago #72320

Jim Brooking's Avatar Jim Brooking

Peter - Me again. I have tried everything I know how to do to get Components Anywhere 4.1.19 to work on my testbed site. The obvious problem is that something appears to be causing jQuery to become undefined, so every jQuery call throws an error. Version 4.1.18 works fine. Install 4.1.19: jQuery undefined error when loading the home page. Disable version 4.1.19: no errors. Have tried the site on Joomla Protostar template, same result. Can you help?

Confidential information:
(hidden)

8 months 2 weeks ago #72322

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Can you also give me (s)ftp access so I can take a deeper look?

8 months 2 weeks ago #72324

Sure.

(hidden)

8 months 1 week ago #72329

There are weird things going on in your scripts.
Firstly, there are a lot of duplicate fetchMoreLatestEvents() functions in the inline javascript. Also without Components Anywhere on.

There are a couple of scripts that get loaded later when Components Anywhere is on. But the jquery scripts are still at the start. So that shouldn't really be an issue.
So I guess there is something weird going on in one of the scripts that gets loaded in from the /code/ or /fhaphp/ folder.

8 months 1 week ago #72334

The multiple loads of fetchMoreLatestEvents() is caused by the middle tab "Events". When I delete this tab in its entirety, no fetchMoreLatestEvents() functions are loaded, but the the undefined jQuery persists.

I also changed the template to Protostar to avoid my ("fha") mods to Protostar in the "fha" template and the undefined jQuery persists.

The site works as expected using Components Anywhere version 4.1.18, but not with version 4.1.19.

8 months 1 week ago #72339

It looks like this is caused by something on your site overriding core functionality which is not fully compatible with Joomla 3.7.
Joomla 3.7 has a different way of handling scripts being added to the head of the site (addScripts() method). When Components Anywhere does that to add the scripts loaded by the components page, this (weirdly only sometimes) causes something in your website to output weird <script> tags, like:

<script src="/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js?9b3b1522a48cc089d8651116742f00a0" type="{&quot;version&quot;:&quot;auto&quot;,&quot;relative&quot;:true,&quot;detectDebug&quot;:false,&quot;framework&quot;:false,&quot;pathOnly&quot;:false,&quot;detectBrowser&quot;:true}"></script>

If you can reproduce this on a clean Joomla 3.7 setup (without the 3rd party extensions you have installed) I can look into this further. But like I said, this seems to be caused by some 3rd party extension.

8 months 6 days ago #72659

Here is an almost-clean install of Joomla version 3.7, with only the extensions needed to display the site and exhibit the problem. Components Anywhere (CA) version 4.1.8 is installed. If I install 4.1.9, the "jQuery Not Defined error" appears. If I re-install 4.1.8 the error goes away. I have tried using the jQuery Easy plugin to resolve any jQuery conflicts but the site behaves correctly with CA 4.18 and throws the same error with CA 4.1.9 whether jQuery Easy is activated or not.

Your superuser login is the same as before.

(hidden)

Thank you.

8 months 5 days ago #72664

The ftp login gives me a access to your dev folder instead of the j37 folder...

8 months 5 days ago #72680

Sorry - changed to j37 direectory.

8 months 5 days ago #72689

Ok, found the problem.
Please try the latest development version from:
www.regularlabs.com/development-releases

8 months 5 days ago #72691

Seems to work OK on J37 and dev sites. Will install on production site later after returning from an offsite appointment.

Thanks for the fix.

8 months 5 days ago #72692

The new version has been released :)

8 months 5 days ago #72696

VICTOR PANARIN's Avatar VICTOR PANARIN

Hi, Peter!
Before the update the scroll bars were not displayed.
The pictures were centered and placed in a modal window.

8 months 5 days ago #72703

Please try the latest development version from:

8 months 5 days ago #72710

Thanks Peter
But not fixed
3d.style/catalog/sea-and-ships
In this page there two different pictures with the defferent aspect ratio. Modal windows displayed with scroll bars.
Pages recached before

8 months 5 days ago #72717

8 months 5 days ago #72720

Wow!!!!!!!!!!
Many thanks Peter!!!!!!!!!!!
Fixed
Great jobs
My best regars
Victor

8 months 5 days ago #72734

I rewrote a large part of the script (the whole resizing section) as it was still causing issues in other circumstances.

Please test it out... :)