Components Anywhere

Components Anywhere not working on live website

1 year 4 months ago #71950

Robbert Odijk's Avatar Robbert Odijk

Hello Peter,

I can't get Components Anywhere working on my live website. Here's what I've done, for safety purposes I made a backup with Akeeba and put this to work.

At the test site I've installed and setup the component: works great over there.

Confidential information:
(hidden)


Then I started doing the same at the live website. I can't get it to work in any way, what I've tried:
- different urls, (even index.php for testing),
- tried default .htaccess,
- tried different links,
- tried a lot of options in the plugin settings, none successfull,
- checked the config whether curl is allowed or not.

Both the test and live website are on the same Siteground server. Both Joomla and Components Anywhere are the latest versions.

Confidential information:
(hidden)


Confidential information:
(hidden)


Hope you can help me out.

1 year 4 months ago #71952

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

You probably have something in your .htaccess (AdminTools?) or some Firewall extension installed that is blocking Components Anywhere.
Components Anywhere loads the content of the given url via cUrl.

1 year 4 months ago #71954

Robbert Odijk's Avatar Robbert Odijk

There's no AdminTools running, and I've tried it with the default htaccess and it didn't work either :unsure:

Will check it again then.

1 year 4 months ago #71955

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

The final url Components Anywhere tries to load in is:

/productcodes?layout=searchonly&filter_search=amarant&tmpl=component&rendercomponent=1&lang=nl-NL
This returns a json page as you can see when you open that url (prepended with your domain name) in the browser.
However, when this url is queried via cURL it returns a 404 not found.

Best to ask your host if they can see what is blocking the curl call.

1 year 4 months ago #72000

Robbert Odijk's Avatar Robbert Odijk

At Siteground they say everything works fine :unsure:

Confidential information:
(hidden)

1 year 4 months ago #72004

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

There is a difference between using curl via the command line and via php.
Let them do a test via a php curl call.

And/or let them track down what is happening to the connection/query when the curl is done in the page load using Components Anywhere.

1 year 4 months ago #72005

Robbert Odijk's Avatar Robbert Odijk

For the live site: the domain works only via www (non-www traffic isn't correctly forwarded to my server, does this influence the curl process?

Is it possible to work around this?

1 year 4 months ago #72006

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Again, looks like an issue with how your (http/https) server handles the cUrl calls.
Not something I can solve for you.

1 year 4 months ago #72019

Robbert Odijk's Avatar Robbert Odijk

It's solved: it had something to do with the redirect from the server ip to the cpanel user.

With an extra dedicated IP this is solved now.

Thanks for your efforts!

1 year 4 months ago #72021

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Ok, great you found the issue.
Please also pass this info on to SiteGround, so they know that simply doing a curl call via the command line does not replicate what is happening when doing it via http / php.