Cache Cleaner

Not all cache could be removed

4 months 3 days ago #78142

Paul Murray's Avatar Paul Murray

Hi Peter

I guess that this is just me having a brain dead moment.

Error
Not all cache could be removed
Could not purge CloudFlare zone: finalbug.net
CloudFlare Error: Rate limit enforced for cache purge. (You can try again in 60 seconds.) If you'd like to make rapid changes to your cached resources, check out "Development Mode".

There is a cache clean setting at Cloud Flare:
At the moment Cloud Flare is set to clear every 4 hours.
and there is a cache clean setting in your plugin.
Automatic cleaning by Interval
administrator: 3600
frontend: 14400

a) I am not sure if these setting relate to Cloud Flare or not?
b) If so should I have a higher or lower interval than at cloud flare/maybe turn cloud flare casing off?
c) If there are different setting some where else that relate to Cloud Flare
d) If I just have not understood anything?

Sorry that my question is so confused

thanks
Paul

4 months 3 days ago #78144

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

If you have Cache Cleaner set up to clean CloudFlare cache and it is set to 'Yes', then it will try to clear the CloudFlare cache every time Cache Cleaner is triggered.
So that all depends on your other settings in Cache Cleaner. Have you set it up to clear cache on save?

If you only want CloudFlare cache to get cleared when you click the Cache Cleaner "Clean Cache" button, set it to 'Only via Button' instead of 'Yes'.

If the interval is set to 3600, it means it gets cleaned every 3600 seconds. That is every hour.
If you want CloudFlare cache to clear every 4 hours, why use Cache Cleaner to trigger that? You can just let CloudFlare do that itself.

4 months 14 hours ago #78180

Paul Murray's Avatar Paul Murray

Hi Peter

Not sure if this translates into dutch but I guess what I was doing was "doppelt gemoppelt" = doing the same thing twice.

If you only want CloudFlare cache to get cleared when you click the Cache Cleaner "Clean Cache" button, set it to 'Only via Button' instead of 'Yes'.

this is what I am now doing.

thanks

Paul