Cache Cleaner

Purge OPcache at SiteGround : not cleaned ?

1 year 1 month ago #73161

Marc's Avatar Marc

Hi Peter,

Almost everytime I make Joomla upgrades (like now for j!3.7.3) at SiteGround with PHP7.x, I face some weird issues on some Joomla sites.

Example:

Classe d'affichage introuvable [class, file] : listsViewuser, /home/XXXX/public_html/jugwallonie/components/com_acymailing/views/user/view.html.php

Here it is an example with an Acymailing page, but sometimes it is the Joomla Search not working, or another time SobiPro throwing an error, while the rest of the site works well.

And actually, simply deleting (or renaming) the .opcache directory solves the issue.

That kind of issue never occurs with the update of an extension, only with updates of Joomla itself and only at SiteGround (OVH does not have an .opcache directory).
So obviously, there is some issue with either the upgrade process of Joomla, either with the way SiteGround implements opcache.

But the reason why I write this to you is the following : Cache Cleaner by default cleans also Opcache... so how comes that launching Cache Cleaner manually seems *not to* clean that .opcache directory ?

Txs

1 year 1 month ago #73164

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Cache Cleaner will trigger the opcache_reset function when OPCache is enabled.
php.net/manual/en/function.opcache-reset.php

This does not delete the .opcache folder, but like the php documentation states:

This function resets the entire opcode cache. After calling opcache_reset(), all scripts will be reloaded and reparsed the next time they are hit.

If you have issues with the opcache, it is best to ask SiteGround about this.

1 year 1 month ago #73176

Marc's Avatar Marc

Hi Peter,

Txs for the answer.
So, Cache Cleaner does not empty the .opcache folder, but in theory, after triggering Cache Cleaner, at the next refresh of the website the opcache should be refreshed. Right ?

Then there must be something wrong with SiteGround's cache.
I will also double-check, but I think it does not behave normally when there is a php.ini file at the root of the website.

Txs again

1 year 1 month ago #73179

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

I changed the check for OPCache which might be a reason the opcache doesn't get reset in some situations.
Please try the latest development version from:
www.regularlabs.com/development-releases

If that doesn't help, you will have to ask Siteground to look into this...

1 year 1 month ago #73189

Marc's Avatar Marc

Txs Peter,

I deleted the .opcache directory, so I cannot test immediately (I have to wait for the next Joomla version :-)).
But I will test that.
(still, I am pretty sure that the presence of php.ini in the root folder is somehow the "cause" of the issue at SiteGround, although I don't see why it should have any impact)