Cache Cleaner

Cache Cleaner installed, but no "Clean Cache" button appears

1 year 4 months ago #72490

Francois Barnard's Avatar Francois Barnard

Hi

One of my websites is running Joomla 3.7.2. I have Extension Manager, Modals, Tabs, sliders and Cache Cleaner installed on all my websites. On this particular website, the cache cleaner does not appear on the backend. Normally I find it at the bottom of the screen adjacent to the "Logout" button, but it does not show.

I have attempted a reinstallation but to no avail.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can do?

Thank you!

Francois Barnard

1 year 4 months ago #72494

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Make sure both the system plugin and the administrator module are published.
Also check the system plugin settings.

1 year 3 months ago #73020

Red Deer's Avatar Red Deer

Hi Peter and friends,

Same deal for me. No Clean Cache button, but the system plugin and the administrator module are both published. This is a new installation of Joomla, but I also upgraded to 6.0.5Pro from 6.0.4Pro on an existing site, and the button remained available there.

Using Cache Cleaner 6.0.5Pro with:

PHP Built On 	Linux myserver.mydomain.com 3.10.0-327.3.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Dec 9 14:09:15 UTC 2015 x86_64
Database Version 	5.5.44-MariaDB
Database Collation 	utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation 	utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version 	7.0.20
Web Server 	Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) PHP/7.0.20 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips
WebServer to PHP Interface 	apache2handler
Joomla! Version 	Joomla! 3.7.2 Stable [ Amani ] 22-May-2017 09:46 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version 	Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

Confidential information:
(hidden)

I appreciate any suggestions of how to test what is happening. Cache Cleaner is one of my go-to Joomla utilities, so this does not feel right.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Red Deer

1 year 3 months ago #73021

If you can reproduce this on an online environment to which I can get access, I am happy to look into this.

1 year 3 months ago #73089

Red Deer's Avatar Red Deer

Hi Peter,

What, no facepalm emoji? Big clue: Upgrading keeps all the settings, including the display button setting. A new installation... Forgot I had to turn this on. I apologize for wasting your time.

Best regards,
Red Deer

1 year 3 months ago #73091

That option should be on by default.

1 year 3 months ago #73110

Peter van Westen wrote:

If you can reproduce this on an online environment to which I can get access, I am happy to look into this.

Hi Peter

Sorry, it took me so long to respond! I have 25 Joomla sites and could not recall which one it was. I am currently updating all my sites to Joomla 3.7.3 and noticed that craftech.co.za does not display its cache cleaner button at the bottom. Please send me a private message and I will give you access to see for yourself what is going on.

Regards,

J. Francois Barnard

1 year 3 months ago #73111

Hi Peter

I have now gone to Extensions/Manage and check-marked all extensions. I then click on "Refresh cache" and the "Clean Cache" button appeared at the bottom.

So it seems to be resolved.

Regards,

J. Francois Barnard

1 year 3 months ago #73116

Ok, great :)