Bug Reports

Snippets 6.6 does not appear to function after update from prior version

5 months 1 week ago #89112

David Ascher's Avatar David Ascher

I have been using Snippets for several years to populate the home page of folkworks.org without any problems. It has worked without a hitch and is central to implementing the home page.

Yestersday, I blithely applied the V6.6 update to the live site, confident that the small modifications it contained were highly unlikely to cause any issues. Much to my surprise, when I looked at the site this morning I found that the home page is a mess. It looks like the snippets are not being executed at all. Instead of the result of the snippet code being displayed I am seeing (for example):
{snippet front-page-block |Feature Articles|category_name=Feature Articles&category_name_one=Feature Article&cat_alias=Feature Articles&cat_id=60&link_prfx=/features/feature-articles&parent_id=2182}

What can I do to immediately downgrade to the previous version (until you figure out how to fix this issue) or is there something I need to do now that I never needed to to before to get snippets to execute? My client is going to be very unhappy about this when she notices it in a few hours (she's on the US West Coast), so I would like to fix it before she sees it.

thanks,

Dave Ascher

5 months 1 week ago #89113

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

You can download the old version from:
www.regularlabs.com/extensions/snippets/changelog

5 months 1 week ago #89114

If you want me to look into the issue: can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Hidden text' button in the forum editor to hide the confidential information.

5 months 1 week ago #89115

David Ascher's Avatar David Ascher

you can see the issue on the home page at www.folkworks.org .

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Let me know if you need ftp access as well. I have not set that up in a while so if you don't need it, I'd rather not do go through the trouble of setting it up.

many thanks.

Dave Ascher

5 months 1 week ago #89116

Yes, I would need the ftp access too.

5 months 1 week ago #89131

Please try the latest development version from:
www.regularlabs.com/development-releases

5 months 1 week ago #89137

The new version has been released.