Bug Reports

Site went down after license expired

5 months 3 weeks ago #88845

claude ribas's Avatar claude ribas

After the RegularLabs license expired, several websites created by my company went down.
I had to go to the extensions manager and disable all RegularLabs extensions and clear the cache to get the sites back up.

This made the sites go back to normal, but they ran out of some RegularLabs-related modules disabled.

I find this disrespectful and believe it hurts customer rights even if my license is expired.

I renewed my subscription not because I needed the items in the air but because I like your extensions.

I suggest that you review your renewal policy so that extensions that are expired are not updated but the site is still up and running.

Thankful.

5 months 3 weeks ago #88846

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

My extensions do NOT break or change when your subscription expires.
Maybe you have some 3rd party auto-update service running that has issues when the subscription expires. But that is NOT down to my extensions.

5 months 3 weeks ago #88870

Well, I was a bit wrong here.
There was a bug in my install scripts. Causing issues when installing the Free version when the Pro is already installed.
Your auto-update service tries to install that free version when the subscription has expired.

Sorry about this. This will be fixed in future releases.

5 months 2 weeks ago #88965

claude ribas's Avatar claude ribas

OK.

But this is not what happened.
As soon as the license expired my sites were still online but their CSS gave error. See the image uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/whatsapp_...-11_at_01-01-55-jpeg .
I tried to disable several extensions. By disabling REGULAR LABS the site CSS returned to normal.
When enabling again, CSS had error.

I disabled regular labs extensions (extensions, manage) to get the site up and running and renewed the license with you.

After the renewal, I enabled the extension and everything worked again.

And, congratulations, for the great work and tools you do for Joomla !. Thanks for this.

5 months 2 weeks ago #88967

Again, the Regular Labs extensions do not update themselves.
Even if your subscription expires, nothing changes in the code or anywhere on your site.
So have you got some auto-updating service running on your site?

Or are you talking about your licence for a CDN service you are using through CDN for Joomla! ?