Bug Reports

Advanced Module Manager &

5 months 3 weeks ago #88753

joomleb's Avatar joomleb

Hi guy,
I'm testing Advanced Module Manager thinking it can solve this issue: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=713&t=974953 to shown modules on specific pages and to hide those modules on the child items / subfolders URLs

So, I setted:
- Menu Item > Include > Selected the exact page - here the test page test.egulp.net/eventos/event-map showing the yellow Title Module "Eventos" on the bottom of the content
- Also on child items: No - here the test page test.egulp.net/eventos/event-map/feria-vocacional-sigueme where the yellow Title Module "Eventos" on the bottom of the content is still shown

Am I forgiving anything ?

Confidential information:
(hidden)

5 months 3 weeks ago #88754

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

This is not a bug.
The child items under the menu item assignment, refers to the actual menu child items.
Try using the URL assignment for instance.

/eventos/event-map/?$
(With regular expressions on)

5 months 3 weeks ago #88759

joomleb's Avatar joomleb

Hi Peter,
- Menu Items: ignore
- URL: include
- URL matches: /eventos/event-map/?$
- Use Regular Expressions: Yes
Tested and, thanks, you are right, it is running.

So, "The child items under the menu item assignment, refers to the actual menu child items" = Is it not the same work of the default Joomla menus selector ? When I select the first one all the childs menus are selected. Am I missing anything ? What is the difference ?

5 months 3 weeks ago #88760

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

If you select the main menu type, all menu items in that menu will get selected (like with core). But you can also have menu items bested under other menu items. So multiple levels.
Here is where that option kicks in.