Bug Reports

Modal does not work at first click on latest joomla version

10 months 6 days ago #77928

brandiware's Avatar brandiware

Using a simple modal popup I need to click the link twice in order to see a popup ! After navigating to the page with the modal link, clicking on it opens the article embedded in the start page.
Second click, or after a page refresh, will produce the popup.

{modal url="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=446&catid=177" width="60%" height="40%"}Hier ein Popup in der Grösse Breite 60% x Höhe 40%{/modal}

Please let me know if this will be fixed soon - my customer is waiting for a solution.

Thanks
Stefan

10 months 5 days ago #77932

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Must be an issue on your site. Probably some javascript conflict with/by something else.
As you can see here, all Modal links work fine:
www.regularlabs.com/extensions/modals/tutorial
demo.regularlabs.com/index.php/12-modals

For further extension support, please consider buying a Support subscription or the Pro version of Modals.

10 months 5 days ago #77935

Hi Peter,

your reply is, of course, not satisfactory. I use your plugin exactly as described in the tutorial.

The modal link is placed inside a product description of virtuemart. The virtuemart and the joomla installations are latest versions.
Earlier versions of the two installation caused no problem with your plugin. Last time I used your plugin was about a year ago.

Please try with latest versions of joomla and/or virtuemart. Btw. there is a brand new joomla version. Pls try this one.

If you stick with "not our problem" please let me know so I can choose another product.

Best Regards
Stefan

10 months 5 days ago #77937

This is not a bugreport, but a support request.
Please consider buying a subscription. I do not offer support on the free version.

You are free to look for a different solution.

10 months 5 days ago #77949

Wow. Why should I buy a product if I can't get the software to work properly ?

Guess you are doing well enough, not having to care for new and satisfied customers.

I hope your superiors are aware of your communication with potential customers.

10 months 5 days ago #77950

Sorry you feel that way.

10 months 5 days ago #77951

Sorry you feel that way.