Better Preview

Issue with K2

6 months 1 week ago #77885

Jaime's Avatar Jaime

Hello Peter,
I have installed the plugin and works fine in the Joomla Core articles, but in K2 is not working, the modal doesn't display anything.
May you check?

Confidential information:
(hidden)

6 months 1 week ago #77910

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Looks like this is caused by the 'XSS Auditor' blocking the contents.
I guess that is caused by incorrect setup of the SSL on the server.

6 months 1 week ago #77911

Jaime's Avatar Jaime

I am using the SSL Lets Encrypt of SiteGround. And some options of Cloudflare.
I can share with you access to both if you need them.

6 months 1 week ago #77912

Don't think I can do much for you.
This is the error in the console:

The XSS Auditor blocked access to 'https://.../noticias/empresas/dahua-reability-laboratory-certificaciones-cnas' because the source code of a script was found within the request. The server sent an 'X-XSS-Protection' header requesting this behavior.
So looks like something on your site is preventing it from being opened in a modal popup.

6 months 1 week ago #77916

Jaime's Avatar Jaime

Thanks Peter, this is a bad news for me, because I was really interested in this plugin for K2.
May you suggest me how can I scale this issue? I have 3 options, the Siteground Support, Cloudflare support, or the website developers JoomlaShack.

6 months 1 week ago #77917

I'd start with SiteGround. Ask if they can see why it is being blocked.

6 months 5 days ago #77971

Jaime's Avatar Jaime

Hi Peter, the extension is working well, I didn't do anything and it is not blocked now.
The problem now it the main image of K2, it is not loading in the preview and if I do a preview of a K2 item already published it removes the main image of the item published.

6 months 5 days ago #77973

Better Preview passes the text and most of the field values you have in the edit for to the preview page.
The way K2 works, makes it near impossible for Better Preview to handle all possible fields. And even if Better Preview pushes the field values, K2 doesn't handle these in the same ways in all pages/templates/situations.
So support for K2 is only 'so-so' and will probably not get any better.

6 months 5 days ago #77974

Jaime's Avatar Jaime

Thanks Peter,
I have uninstalled the extension.
My suggestion is you should announce this clear in the description of the product to be honest with your customers and they don't create false spectatives about the K2 compatibility.

Please take this as a friendly suggestion, your products are great but it could help to the customers experience.

6 months 4 days ago #77975

6 months 4 days ago #77976

Jaime's Avatar Jaime

Great Peter, thanks for take into account my suggestion.
B)