Better Preview

Plugin causes K2 based site to return 500 error

9 months 2 weeks ago #73914

Marcus Stafford's Avatar Marcus Stafford

I've just updated the plugin from 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 on a J3.7.4 site this morning and immediately after this it crashed K2. Disabling the plugin makes the site work again. I've downloaded and installed a fresh copy of the plugin but it has the same effect.

Are you aware of any issues like this?

Thanks

9 months 2 weeks ago #73917

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Not aware of any such issues. Try reinstalling the extension.

Please check what php error breaks the page.
You can see php errors by setting the Error Reporting to 'Developer' in the Global Configuration:

Or take a look at your php error log. Or enable php error reporting (via .htaccess for example).

9 months 2 weeks ago #73918

Fatal error: Class 'RegularLabs\BetterPreview\Component\Link' not found in /mydomain/public_html/plugins/system/betterpreview/src/Component/K2/Link.php on line 19

9 months 2 weeks ago #73921

Try deleting this folder and reinstall:

plugins/system/betterpreview

9 months 2 weeks ago #73963

James Derrick's Avatar James Derrick

I have exactly the same issue.

Problem is, I had purchased the pro version of BetterPreview but my licence has expired. So if I reinstall it I'll lose support for K2.

I wonder if that's the cause of the issue? Would be frustrating if it was because it means I need to repurchase the plugin because it's broken. Would be interested to find out what you think.

9 months 2 weeks ago #73965

@James I don't see any expired or active subscription for Better Preview under your account.
If you have issues with the Pro version, you will need to update to the latest version. Or install the old version you have backed up/downloaded.

9 months 2 weeks ago #73966

James Derrick's Avatar James Derrick

Yes you seem to be right! Must have been my client who purchased it. We must have the pro version or it wouldn't have the K2 code in there. Either way, unfortunately this does not solve the issue :(

9 months 2 weeks ago #73968

Problem resolved and newest version 6.0.3 installed.

Glad to raise this issue for you. No charge. B)