Better Preview

The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token

9 months 3 weeks ago #73826

Kevin Brackley's Avatar Kevin Brackley

We can preview using the page link at the top of the admin panel, but not using the Preview buttons

The buttons have the same url...

https://..../administrator/index.php?bp_preloader=1&tmpl=component&fid=betterPreviewData_597b44deaa3cf

The preview link at the top of the page opens a new tab/browser and works okay, just not the buttons.

J! 3.7.4, Better Preview 6.0.1

9 months 3 weeks ago #73827

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Hidden text' button to hide the confidential information.

9 months 3 weeks ago #73828

Confidential information:
(hidden)

Okay

9 months 3 weeks ago #73829

I can't/won't use a Joomla file browser to change files. If I change something that breaks the admin, I have no way to fix it.

I don't know why your setup is giving the token error.
You have a lot of extensions (including template frameworks) installed. So a lot of stuff that could be interfering.

Can you reproduce the issue on a clean Joomla installation?

9 months 3 weeks ago #73831

Sorry, nothing personal but I don't/won't provide FTP access from external hosts on production servers. Haven't in over 25 years and not starting today.

There is only one template framework that I am aware of. Gantry 5, and only 1 template other than that provided by the default J! installation (beeze, protostart, etc.).

Interesting, it had worked before, and in fact, it will still works except for the Preview button options in the editor.

I will remove those options from the plugin so the user will have to use the preview link at the top of the admin page which opens a new tab/browser.

Thanks anyway.

9 months 3 weeks ago #73832

Ok.

9 months 3 weeks ago #73833

Oh and by the way...the problem has to do with how your plugin is working (or not working) with Joomla!'s session handler when Shared Sessions is enabled.

9 months 3 weeks ago #73834

Please try the latest development version from:
www.regularlabs.com/development-releases

8 months 1 week ago #74707

Simon Logan's Avatar Simon Logan

Hi Peter

A client has reported the same issue on their site www.exterity.com - says that 9 times out of time when they click on the PREVIEW button they get the error message:

The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try again.

They were't specific on WHICH preview button they were clicking on, so not sure if that affects things.

Just checked and we're on the latest version, 6.0.4PRO.

8 months 1 week ago #74708

Here's a screengrab of a test i just ran and got the same issue with errors highlighted in Chrome's Inspector (perhaps hosting related?)

https://www.screencast.com/t/t9W0DVi6Nq5

FYI we are using JoomShaper's SP PageBuilder article manager plugin to create the pages however even using the regular article editor brings up the same error so I don't think it's related.

8 months 1 week ago #74714

Is the 'Shared Sessions' option on?

8 months 1 week ago #74717

I'm not familiar with that option, is that within your extension suite somewhere or Joomla itself?

Where would I find that to check?

8 months 1 week ago #74718

Tracked it down in Joomla's global config and I can confirm this setting is set to "No"

8 months 1 week ago #74720

Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Hidden text' button in the forum editor to hide the confidential information.

8 months 1 week ago #74722

Confidential information:
(hidden)

Added: Example page is Content>Articles>Search "id:648". Of course now that I've just tried it again it seems to be working better. Could it be a server load issue?

8 months 1 week ago #74723

Seems to be working for me too. SO I can't reproduce the issue.

It could be something with SP PageBuilder.

8 months 1 week ago #74724

I'll check it again tomorrow during business hours when the load might increase slightly.

Certainly I was getting the message repeatedly earlier today regardless of whether it the article was using SPPageBuilder or not but as we've both seen it seems better now. Will keep you posted.