Better Preview

Preview unpublished article on frontend without loggin in?

1 year 6 months ago #70618

Jip Jonker's Avatar Jip Jonker

Hi Peter!

Is there an option to use a link we can send to someone (by email for instance) so they can preview an unpublished item on the website without loggin in? So this is a frontend preview, not a backend preview. Or are there other ways to achive this somehow?

Kind regards,
Jip

1 year 6 months ago #70623

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

There is no option in Better Preview for this.

A workaround that could possible help is to use Articles Anywhere to place the article's text (in a different article behind a login for instance) ignoring the publish state.

{article article="My Article" ignore_state="true"}{/article}

1 year 6 months ago #70626

Jip Jonker's Avatar Jip Jonker

Ok, thanks for the suggestion.

I believe Wordpress does have an option to generate a preview URL you can send to someone. I guess it uses some kind of URL code/password to tell the CMS that the article should be shown, even when unpublished. Maybe it would be a suggestion to add this to 'Better Preview'? Or maybe a new plugin? There might be more sites thta could benefit from this. Exepcially blog or new sites that what to show an article to someone for approval for instance.

An alternative approache would be a content password but then the article (title) would show up with a simple password field to hide the tekst, but I think that might not be the easiest solution for CMS editors. Neither is the 'Article Anywhere' suggestion I think. Although it wopuld work, it would be easier for a site editor to have some kind of interface to generate a 'hidden' preview URL for unpublished articles.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts ;-)

1 year 6 months ago #70628

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Thanks for the feedback.
Not something I will be looking into to develop.