Articles Field

Suggestion for a new extension.

3 months 2 weeks ago #89776

Stefan Gagner's Avatar Stefan Gagner

Dear Peter
I have started to use Joomla tags recently and I find it complicated to place the tags where I want thim in the articles or elsewhere.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to invent something like Tags Anywhere so I don't need to make article overrides just to place tags on a page?
What do you think?
I got inspiration from this video but I think it needs too much overrides to be easy to implement for most administrators: www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKwcM3ISN3c&feature=em-uploademail

Best whishes before Christmas to you and your family!
/Stefan Gagner - Web8 Universal - Sweden

3 months 2 weeks ago #89777

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

3 months 2 weeks ago #89778

Stefan Gagner's Avatar Stefan Gagner

Hi Peter!
Either you didn't watch the video I attatched or you don't understand my point. Articles Anywhere is good but not for this use.
Tags is edited separatly and can be introduced to any article and they may also be part of a multi level architecture. They may then be added to any article and also shown in the article. The example in the video make use of them in an eCommerce situation where you may show them as ingredients or other tags that may be valid for the particular article/product.
If we had an extension that could place any tag anywhere in an article or module and be easily added in the same way as your other extensions, it would be a lot easier to handle than making a bunch of overrides for the article.
I simply love the way your extensions work and this one should fit perfectly in to your line of extensions. Many administrators I know don't know how to utilize the use of tags simply because they don't see the power in them.

/Stefan Gagner - Web8 Universal - Sweden

3 months 2 weeks ago #89779

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

No, I didn't watch the 40min video.
Currently I have no plans to add other extensions to my todo list.