Advanced Template Manager

Template Manager doesn't show the ooptions geolocating, url, and so on

1 year 3 months ago #72954

Jean Marc NIKLAUS's Avatar Jean Marc NIKLAUS

Hi,
I'm trying advanced Template Manager Pro, but it doesn't present the same options as in your tutorial: Geolocating, url, operating sistems, etc don't appear.

first it seems ok, because the styles panel looks like in the tutorial, but clicking in the template, I become a usual template page without any option to click.

I have the most recent joomla and RegularLabs versions, I uninstalled and reinstalled the template manager pro... but doesn't work. It seems to interferate with something, because from time to time the style panel changes, and yesterday the "isis" default template disappeared from the list of templates... today it is back, without reason.

When you give me a e-mail, I can send you screen capture or access data.
Thank you!
Jean

1 year 3 months ago #72962

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

To use the Geolocation options, you need the Regular Labs GeoIP extension installed:
www.regularlabs.com/extensions/geoip

1 year 3 months ago #72967

hi Peter,
My problem is NOT referred to Geolocation, it is simply that NONE of the template manager buttons/menues are appearing when I'm clicking a template.

I did it exactly as in your introduction video, but all these options I see in the video literally don't exist.

1 year 3 months ago #72970

You are probably using a template that does not play nice with Advanced Template Manager.
Can you see the Assignments tab when looking at the core protostar template style?

1 year 3 months ago #72976

With protostarplus Template Manager is working

My template is Gavick University version 3.21
demo.gavick.com/joomla25/university/

In the main Joomla-Styles-menu with the list of templates the Template Manager Items sometimes appears, sometimes not, as if Template Manager wouldn't exist. The change seem to be imprevisible.

1 year 3 months ago #72977

Yep, looks like that template is doing stuff that conflicts with Advanced Template Manager.

So are you still using Joomla 2.5?
There is no active support for that anymore from Joomla or me.

1 year 3 months ago #72984

no, I'm using the most recent version of joomla.

The gavick-demo url says "25", but they say it has nothing to do wit joomla version, because i'm using the actual version, who is updated and working well.
Gawick says, his templates are up-to-date and made for Joomla 3.4 or newer
I reinstalled the template without changes.
www.gavick.com/joomla-templates

1 year 3 months ago #72988

Can you give me (super) admin access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'Hidden text' button in the forum editor to hide the confidential information.

1 year 3 months ago #72994

Confidential information:
(hidden)

1 year 3 months ago #72997

SOrry, I am not sure I understand the initial issue.
Are we talking about the templates style list in the administrator and the options available when you try to edit a template style?
If so, why are you giving me frontend logins?

1 year 3 months ago #73000

Confidential information:
(hidden)

1 year 3 months ago #73004

The given login does not work for the admin side...

1 year 3 months ago #73006

your right, it was blocked by admin tools... sorry.
now it is ok

1 year 3 months ago #73007

I just opened the 'Medicina de Sistemas Ingles' template style and the assignments are showing just fine there.
If they do not appear for you, check the browser error console for any javascript issues. You might have a browser plugin getting in the way.

Regarding the missing templates, this is down to them not being installed correctly.
See the Extensions > Discover page:
administrator/index.php?option=com_installer&view=discover

1 year 3 months ago #73015

I have a subscription for the template manager Pro, but when I open my default template, I only see the 12 colors button relationated to Template Manager Pro. However, it seems to be without any effect on the site, so it is only like a "decoration" of the template list items.

When I'm opening others like Beez3 I see exactly the same as in your tutorial: Details/ Advanced / Assignments tabs.... but in the important default template, these tabs are not appearing.

I tried to check the browser error console for any javascript issues, nothing special.

I tried in other browsers, but never saw a posibility to use Template Manager Pro with my template.

1 year 3 months ago #73016

1) Correct, the color option in the list is only for grouping or easy searching template styles. It has NO effect on the frontend.
Like explained in the documentation:
www.regularlabs.com/extensions/advancedt...emanager#colour-tags

2) On the default template you will see the last tab is 'Assignments'.
When you open that tab you will see:

You can only set up assignments for template styles which are not set as a default.
This is because the default is... well.. the default. So it will be the fall-back style when no other template styles pass the assignments.

So again, everything seems to be as it should and is working as it should.

I advise you to first read the documentation and read the option tooltip descriptions.

1 year 3 months ago #73017

I said "default" but meant the University template in use. Sorry, my english is creating these confusions.

I send you an image link, so you can see that I cannot see any of these tabs. so I can not use and try any template manager pro function.

1 year 3 months ago #73019

The "Medicina de Sistemas" is the default.
The only other gk_university template style is the "Medicina de Sistemas Ingles" which does show the Assignments tab.

Like I said:

I just opened the 'Medicina de Sistemas Ingles' template style and the assignments are showing just fine there.
If they do not appear for you, check the browser error console for any javascript issues. You might have a browser plugin getting in the way.