Advanced Template Manager

Assignments not working

11 months 4 weeks ago #71861

Mike Hermary's Avatar Mike Hermary

Hello,

I have a template with the following matching method and assignments. "Matching" set to "All" and "Assignments" set to include two sub menu items and a specific parent category with all of the parent's sub categories selected. The "Also on child items" is set to "Yes" for both options. The "Page types" options are all selected for the "Categories". With these options set, the template is showing correctly on most pages, but the search results page from Smart Search and the "Page Not Found" article I have set up for each template is not working correctly. They are both using the main template. I am not sure why this is not working. Any ideas? Thanks.

Mike

11 months 4 weeks ago #71865

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

When the Matching Method is set to 'All', the template style will only be applied if all the assignments pass.
So in this case, the 'Smart Search' page does not pass the Page Types / Categories selection, as it is not a Joomla content page (com_content).

If you want the template to be assigned to multiple types of pages/situations, you should set the Matching Method to 'Any'.
Then it will be applied if one or more of the assignments match.

11 months 4 weeks ago #71867

Mike Hermary's Avatar Mike Hermary

Hello,

I have tried changing it to "Any", but it still does not work. I could provid you access to diagnose the issue.

Mike

11 months 4 weeks ago #71869

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Just switching it to 'Any' won't make it show up on those pages. You will still have to set up the assignments to match those pages.
For Smart Search, you could use the assignment by component.
You can also see if the URL assignment fits your needs. All depends on how your website is built up and where/when you want this specific template style.

If you cannot achieve the desired assignments all in one template style, you could also just make a copy and split the assignments over these duplicate styles.