Advanced Module Manager

Advanced Module Manager is crashing some articles

3 months 1 week ago #78569

Dirk's Avatar Dirk

Hi,

After I updated Joomla suddenly some Articles are not shown correct any more like this one: tinyurl.com/y8r86zqq

Therefore I updated the Advanced Module Manager Pro version but the issue is still the same.

Can you please check why the pages like linked above is not loaded?

What can I do?
Thanks for any advice.

3 months 1 week ago #78571

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Why do you assume this is an Advanced Module Manager issue?

3 months 1 week ago #78574

Dirk's Avatar Dirk

Because when I deactivate the Advanced Modul Plugin the Problem is gone.

3 months 1 week ago #78577

Please check what php error breaks the page.
You can see php errors by setting the Error Reporting to 'Development' in the Global Configuration:

Or take a look at your php error log. Or enable php error reporting (via .htaccess for example).

3 months 1 week ago #78582

Dirk's Avatar Dirk

After deactivating 2 other plugins (seo Geneartor and jsecure lite) I still still have the same issue and got an php error which is referring to the advanced module manager.

Warning: Class '\Joomla\CMS\Document\Renderer\Html\ModulesRenderer' not found in /var/www/html/libraries/loader.php on line 651

Warning: require_once(/var/www/html/plugins/system/nnframework/helpers/assignments/agents.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/tmp/regularlabs_php_a26ceb9e871b732735bc3e77db7e8590 on line 9

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/plugins/system/nnframework/helpers/assignments/agents.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/tmp/regularlabs_php_a26ceb9e871b732735bc3e77db7e8590 on line 9

Because it is affecting many pages I had to deactive the advanced modul manager again as the website is live and many pages are effictive. Because the advanced module manager is loading the modules some pages look weired though. Therefore this is very urgent for us to get solved.

What can I check? How can I remove the error shown above?
Thanks.

3 months 1 week ago #78584

Looks like something is calling a very old nnframework file. Do you have custom PHP assignments doing that?
Or do you have outdated extensions installed?

3 months 1 week ago #78585

Dirk's Avatar Dirk

Yes, we made use of this snippet in the custom assignment section to find out whether the user is accessing the website from a phone. This is used on a module on certain pages - it seems like it's only these pages that are not working now.

require_once JPATH_PLUGINS . '/system/nnframework/helpers/assignments/agents.php';
$agents = new NNFrameworkAssignmentsAgents;
return $agents->isPhone();

Is there anything wrong with it?

3 months 1 week ago #78586

Yes, that is very old code that doesn't work (anymore).

There is a ready-to-use Device Assignment option in Advanced Module Manager you can use:

3 months 1 week ago #78587

Dirk's Avatar Dirk

OK, this is sweet! Thank you!

I removed the code and I use your option now. It solved the problem for the initial link, but not yet for some other pages like tinyurl.com/ya7v3aga or tinyurl.com/yabhqg34 .

Still it works as soon as I deactivate the Advanced Module Manager.

I'm trying to figure out further error messages and will give you some more feedback soon.

3 months 1 week ago #78588

Dirk's Avatar Dirk

Alright, the problem on the rest of the pages was resolved through the same issue on another module. Now it's all up and running!

Thank you so much for your advice and support!

3 months 1 week ago #78592

Great! :)