Advanced Module Manager

Impossible assignment to make?

7 months 6 days ago #77296

Kenneth Koppervik's Avatar Kenneth Koppervik

Hello,

I've setup a page running Vik Booking which when running sef url's keeps giving me the same base url that I want to place a module on, but only for the first page.

I click the menu link, and I'm server a domain.com/alias - this is where I want to show the module.
After engaging with the module it first throws some parameters after the initial domain.com/alias - and I can exclude this by using url matches.

Problem is that when comming to step three in this booking process, it only shows me domain.com/alias again - and hence the module I do not want to show is there.

I've tried a lot of varieties to try to exclude everything but that initial landing page after clicking the menu item, but I've got no luck.

Only solution I've found this far is to turn of SEF, and will then have more url parameters to work with, but as soon as SEF is back on it's not working.

Is it possible to use PHP assignment to target non-sef urls on a SEF enabled site? I've searched some but not found a solution for this if it exists.

7 months 6 days ago #77297

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Yes, you would need to use php to capture the different post variables sent along.
Then you can base the assignment on those.
For instance on the 'task'.
Something like:

return $app->input->getCmd('option') == 'com_whatever' && $app->input->getCmd('task') == 'something';

7 months 5 days ago #77312

Kenneth Koppervik's Avatar Kenneth Koppervik

Hi,

Thank you for a quick answer with a solution that works! Just perfect! (This should be included as well in www.regularlabs.com/extensions/advancedmodulemanager/faqs for future reference)