Search
Other Conditional Content questions
Forum

limit menu item

Sevi's Avatar Sevi
I can't figure out how to hide a menu item - actually limit it to certain states. I have a donation button/page that shouldn't be shown to certain states because of donation rules. The page is a form that shouldn't be seen to certain states (I'm using SPPagebuilder for pages) but the menu item to that form should also be hidden for certain states.

I've read and re-read the manual and it's probably me but I don't see how to do that using inline conditions. And if it's not possible using inline conditions, how do I do it using sets?

Help, please. This is rather urgent.

Thanks,
Sevi
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Conditional Content is not designed for that purpose.
It can show/hide content that you can surround with the {show} / {hide} tags. That is not possible with menu items.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Sevi's Avatar Sevi
So the section on menu items in manual is about a condition using only show/hide?

Based on the information, it seemed like it was possible to create a menu condition that could then be used to limit menu items based on geo.

Sevi
Sevi's Avatar Sevi
If it's not possible for menu items is it possible for a page or a module?

The page is built using SPPage Builder and the module is a donation module from JoomDonation.

Thanks,
Sevi
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
If you want to use conditions on modules, use Advanced Module Manager.
If you want to show/hide content inside editable areas (like the text of an article or inside a custom module), use Conditional Content.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Sevi's Avatar Sevi
Thanks, Peter. I've used module mgr before - fantastic as is all your software. But before investing in yet another component I'm going to try to limit the donations using the donation software. Since this is only a temporary condition until my clients get full 501(c)3 status, I'm not sure I need module mgr just to limit for a few months.

Appreciate the help.
Sevi
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription