Search
Other Conditional Content questions
Forum

Conditional Content not working within SP Page Builder pages

Sean Carney's Avatar Sean Carney
Confidential information:
(hidden)
I am having a problem with Regular Labs Conditions not working with Joomshapers SP Page Builder. Another user has mentioned in the ticket that I opened there two weeks ago that they are having a similar problem with the SP Page Builder. I am assuming this is something that they need to fix but I wanted to ask in case you have any ideas what they might do to fix this.

I will post my ticket to them here and then also post the comment from their other user:

My Ticket to Joomshaper:

Title: Sp Page Builder Overriding Condition Sets

SP Page Builder Pro pages appears to disregard all Regular Labs Conditions sets. Joomla articles honor them.

On our site at Shalomadventure.com we created some ad banners that are to display ONLY in New Zealand. We do this using Regular Labs - Conditions.

This is working great for Banners displaying on Joomla article pages. But, it is NOT working at all for Banners displaying within an SP Page Builder Addon. It appears that SP Page Builder disregards the Regular Labs - Conditions.

Right now we have a banner module Titled: "Banner #3 Main Page New Zealand" This is assigned in our SP Page Builder on our Home page to an addon. The Addon is in the right column of the fourth row. It is a Joomla Module assigned to a Joomla module position. The Module position is named "Banner03 Main".

This module is assigned to a condition set to display the Banner only in New Zealand. However, it is displaying everywhere.

In order to determine if this was caused by the SP Page Builder, I duplicated the module and assigned it to the right column of our Joomla articles. The module is NOT visible outside of New Zealand. It is working well. However, the same Country condition is not working within the SP Page Builder Addon.

The module that is working properly is Titled: "Banner #3 Article View New Zealand" and displays on EVERY article page, but ONLY in New Zealand. This is how it is supposed to work.

In summary:

We cannot see the Passover banner on the Article pages here in the USA (and other countries) because the GEO ID is working properly and ONLY displaying that module to users in New Zealand. That means that the Conditions are working properly.

We can see the Passover banner on the homepage here in the USA (outside of New Zealand) because there is possibly a bug in the SP Page Builder? This is why I am submitting this ticket. The Conditions we set up for the module appear to be being disregarded. I had hoped that by assigning the Joomla module to a Module Position and then loading the Module Position into the Page Builder Addon we would circumvent this. I tried to place the module directly in the Page Builder Addon as well. Both options did not work.

The banner on the homepage is supposed to be behaving the same way as the banner on the Articles pages; Only displaying in New Zealand. But, it is not working properly. Both banner modules are using the same Condition regarding Country: NZ (New Zealand).

Here is a picture of the banner that should NOT be displaying anywhere except in New Zealand. This is working in Joomla Articles but not in SP Page Builder Addons.

drive.google.com/file/d/1sak1x0nDfZkmRXf.../view?usp=share_link

Sean

Ticket response from other user:

Sheryl Prucka
1 week ago

I have the same problem using Regular Labs Conditional Content in the Header section based on device size. Is there a solution?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
This is most probably down to some sort of caching that is being done by Page Builder.
Which would cause the result being caches and therefore the conditions to get ignored.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thank you very much Peter. That makes a lot of sense. I am not sure if SP Page Builder does their own caching, but I also use JCH Optimize, which could be involved as well. I am going to ask the other person having problems if they also might be using some sort of optimization tools. And, I will check with Joomshaper regarding whether SP Page Builder does any of it's own caching.

Sean
Hello Peter,

I am hoping it is ok to add something to this old ticket. It has taken a long time to get a response from Joomshaper about this problem but now they are showing an interest in solving the problem and realize that they need to make some changes to their code. They have asked me to ask you a question. Here is their request:

"And a couple of thoughts about Joomla Module Addon. This addon (if you look into the code via Dev Tools) displays only the content of the module, but not completely the entire module. Such things as the complete wrapper of the module, module title are cut. I assume that this is the cause of the problem, since the Regular Labs Conditions Sets works at the level of the module wrapper or maybe module title but not at the level of its content.

I think you should find out from the Regular Labs developer which one parameter of the module is used for inclusion/exclusion. Based on this, the Joomshaper team will be able to find a solution, I hope.

I am also interested in solving this problem"
Sorry, but I have no idea what the wrapper has to do with this, or what the 'Joomla Module Addon' refers to.

Are we talking about Conditional Content here, or Advanced Module Manager?

If Advanced Module Manager, this will remove modules from the Module List (prepareModuleList event), based on the conditions you selected.
Thank you so much for your quick response. The problem that they are having is that they are not honoring the Conditions.

Basically if I create a module and assign it a condition it works perfectly for display in a category or subcategory web page on our site as long as we are not using the SP Page Builder for generating that page.

For some reason SP Page Builder disregards the conditions. In our case we had a banner that we wanted to only show to people in New Zealand and this worked great on our Joomla category pages. On our SP Page Builder pages, it displayed to everybody regardless of location.

The folks at Joomshaper are now ready to try to solve this problem. I have given them a copy of our site so that they can replicate the problem. I am so glad because others have complained about the exact same problem. It is not caused by the Regular Labs Conditions. It is caused by SP Page Builder. They just are trying to figure out why it is happening now.

Sean
So from my point of view there can be a couple of situations here, not knowing exactly how SP Page Builder goes about modules:

1) SPPB has its own logic for collecting and rendering modules. It does this differently to Joomla and does not generate a list of modules that it passes on to the plugins via the event trigger prepareModuleList. Meaning plugins cannot affect the module list. Which would render Advanced Module Manager useless on those pages.

2) SPPB overrides the module list that is generated by Joomla and passed on through the plugins, which undoes everything Advanced Module Manager is trying to do. Which would also render Advanced Module Manager useless on those pages.
Thank you very much. I will share this information with SP Page Builder right now.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription