Search
Other Articles Field questions
Forum

Make Articles Field compatible with JFilters by Sakis Terzis aka blue-coder.com ?

Marc's Avatar Marc
Hi Peter,

As you might know JFilters is a great component allowing ao to filter on Custom Fields.

Since the release of last week JFilters allows 3rd party CF to become compatible:
blue-coder.com/whats-new

Indeed until now if I filter on Articles Field it would of course display the raw value, being the ID of the related article(s).

Now it becomes possible to display the Article Title for example, which makes sense (Article ID is not very sexy 😀).

May I kindly ask you to get in touch with Sakis in order to add this nice and useful feature?
Txs very much indeed! 😉
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Marc's Avatar Marc
Waouw, that was quick!
Txs a llllot.
I am skiing today but tomorrow I will test that in the train bringing me back to Brussels.
Txs again!
Sakis already reached out before...
Elisa Foltyn's Avatar Elisa Foltyn
Hi Peter, I needed the support for JFilters too and downloaded your latest development release, but the filters still show IDs instead of the Article Titles. Also if I remove the value from the article and "resave" it.
Can you help?

thank you,
Elisa
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
... solved below 🙂
You need JFilters v1.13 to be installed. You are running on 1.12.1
ohhhh - and now it works. I owe you again Jbeer. Thank you Peter!
🙂
Marc's Avatar Marc
Hi Peter,

I have tested the Development version... and I am happy to confirm that it works as expected:
- before: JFilters was showing the Articles **IDs** for any Custom Field of Type "Articles Field"
- after: JFilters shows the Articles **Titles**
which is obviously more useful 😁

Excellent!

It all worked out of the box, ie I have not done anything to reach this result (except installing latest JFilters and latest Dev version of Articles Field).
And this makes me think of an (open) question: is there any parameter anywhere (for example where it is said that it had to use Title instead of ID)?

---

BTW, this new feature makes me think of the question I asked 2 months ago, namely
regularlabs.com/forum/articlesfield/5100...-have-a-manual-order

Indeed, if I understand it correctly, for now Articles Field saves the related Articles IDs in ascending order in the database.
Would it be possible to add the possibility to simply leave the order in which the related Articles were selected?

Let me explain my usecase, it will make it clearer why this would be nice: an Article of Category "Films" can be related to several Articles of Category "Actors". But obviously you want to keep a distinct manual order for each Film: in most cases you would display "Johansson Scarlett and Marc Dechèvre" with the main person first. But maybe for some other film you would display "Dechèvre Marc and Scarlett Johansson" bc she only did a very small cameo.

If the Order was "general" then the current Options in the Custom Field would be good enough.
But here the Order is "specific to each article".
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases

It should now follow the 'Sort Options By' setting in the filter. So either by label (=title) or the number of results.

There is no setting to define what will be displayed in the label. It is hardcoded that this will be the title.
Marc's Avatar Marc
Hi Peter,

I had not played with 'Sort Options By' the other day.
I have installed today's development version and tested 'Sort Options By' explicitely... and I do confirm that it works fine 🙂
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription